Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The waiting game

So I'm out in Nevada, teaching K-12 music, which is exhausting at times, but completely doable. My only drawback aside from being 2200 miles away from all my friends and family is the fact that I couldn't take much with me. Mom is sending weekly packages thanks to the USPS Flat-Rate boxes so I'm slowly getting things that I need, but couldn't take with me. The problem is that not much of my crafting stuff will fit into those boxes. Not to mention that she doesn't know what most of it is. So....

I don't have any of my crafting supplies with me. I have two projects that came with all the pieces and parts, but that doesn't leave any room for me to be creative. That means I don't have any of my card pieces or jewelry supplies and I want to do it again. :(

HOWEVER, I've discovered something wonderful: Cuttlebug!!! I originally wanted a Cricut, but then saw the price tag and decided it would be something to invest in a bit later down the road... But the Cuttlebug was more in my price range, and it's not another thing I have to plug in to run it. Which, considering that the power decides to cut in and out over here a lot, is nice.

So now I wait. The Cuttlebug along with some dies and embossing folders are in the process of being shipped to me! It's like Christmas in... October/November... kinda. Anyway, I can't do much by way of crafting, aside from showing you those two projects that have been on hiatus for a while, and I'll get those up soon, but until then, it'll just be some baking, which I intend on getting some cupcake brownies done this weekend. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment